If you are aged between 18-30 and you are planning to visit Australia, you may be eligible to work there by applying for a 12 month visa, known as Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417).
Visitor must apply for this visa before they arrive. This visa allows visitors to stay and work in Australia in any type of full-time, part-time, shift, casual and voluntary work for up to 12 months. The visitor can enter and leave Australia any number of times he/she wants, while the visa is valid. Visitors can also study in Australia for maximum of four months, in addition to the working during their holiday. You can cover the cost of your holiday though this visa.
Benefits of Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417:
- Allows a visitor to enter and live in Australia for at least 12 months.
- No limit on leaving and re-entering Australia. Visitor can do it any number of times, while the visa is valid.
- Each employer allows working for 6 months.
- Study in Australia for up to 4 months.
Requirements of this visa:
- Only the applicants between the ages of 18-30 can apply.
- Applicant should be outside of Australia at the time of visa application.
- Applicant must not have previously entered Australia, either on Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) or work and holiday visa (subclass 462).
- Applicants must not have any dependent to travel with them.
- Applicant must respect and obey the health and character requirements.
- Applicant has to respect Australian value statement.
If you are seeking permanent employment or full-time study in Australia, then this visa in not suitable for you.