The International Skilled Worker: Occupations In-Demand opened on August 30, 2016.
furthermore, this is a sub category of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). And also, it allows candidates having experience in a demanded occupation of Saskatchewan to grab provincial nomination certificate. After this one can submit the application for Canadian permanent residency visa. Interestingly, no job offer is required for this program. 700 new applications will be invited for immigration to Canada in this intake.
This SINP subcategory opened on June 21, 2016. Till date, this sub-category had accepted the highest number of applications in the year 2016. However, the fact that it is now open for fresh applications means that intake quotas can change any time.
Qualified and experienced applicants can apply under demanded occupation of the province for this SINP program. The latest occupation list has 21 occupations. Mainly in the field of engineering, trades, agriculture, health care, and IT.
SINP Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must have:
- Legal proof of Canadian residency if residing there at the time of application.
- Score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.
- At least one year of post-secondary education or training of Canadian education system standard. The program must be a degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate.
- At least one-year of full time paid working experience in the past ten years related to the field of education or training, in an occupation (NOC 0, A, or B) that is present in Saskatchewan Occupation list.
- Eligibility Proof for Saskatchewan licensure, in case the profession is regulated in Saskatchewan and requires needful certification or licensing.
- Proof of settlement funds and a settlement plan.
- Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the point assessment grid.
From the month of May 2016, the International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand sub-category has already filled up with the maximum amount of applications for this year (2016). Therefore, the SINP have placed the fresh application intake on hold for this sub-category.
The sub category of International Skilled Worker is for highly qualified candidates. Moreover, the one who do not have any employment offer from the province. But in spite of that, holds a work experience in an occupation of Saskatchewan Occupation list.
This SINP sub-category is not aligned with the Express Entry immigration system. Skilled workers who are not eligible for Express Entry (for example, due to language ability) may be eligible for this SINP sub-category.
SINP Occupations In-Demand list
The latest list of in-demand occupations for the SINP International Skilled Worker: Occupations In-Demand sub-category.
|NOC||Occupation||Skill Level||Mandatory certification|
|0213||Computer and Information Systems Managers||0||No|
|0423||Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services||0||No|
|0513||Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program and Service Directors||0||No|
|0714||Facility Operation and Maintenance Managers||0||No|
|0821||Managers in Agriculture||0||No|
|1225||Purchasing Agents and Officers||B||No|
|1252||Health Information Management Occupations||B||No|
|2161||Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||A||No|
|2171||Information Systems Analysts and Consultants||A||No|
|2221||Biological Technologists and Technicians||B||No|
|2225||Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists||B||No|
|2231||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians||B||No|
|2232||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians||B||No|
|2244||Aircraft Instrument, Electrical and Avionics Mechanics, Technicians and Inspectors||B||No|
|2253||Drafting Technologists and Technicians||B||No|
|2255||Technical Occupations in Geomantic and Meteorology||B||No|
|7312||Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics||B||No|
|7321||Automotive Service Technicians, Truck and Bus Mechanics and Mechanical Repairers||B||No|
|7332||Appliance Servicers and Repairers||B||No|